Nov 29, 2011

Smoked Salmon and Chive Popovers

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving Holiday with family and friends!  I know I did and was thankful for many things this year - in particular, having a family that loves to cook and cooks really well!  I thoroughly enjoyed the fruits of their labor.  Priti decided to try this recipe (http://www.theurbangatherer.com/) for an appetizer and I have to say it was a hit.  It's much easier than it looks and will make your guests think you spent a lot of time in the kitchen :)

What you'll need:

2 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1tbspn melted and the rest to grease muffin tin(s)   
1 cup all purpose flour
1-2 teaspoons salt
A few grinds of black pepper
2 eggs (room temperature)
1 cup 2% milk (room temperature)
2 ounces of cream cheese
2 ounces of smoked salmon
Chopped chives
1 or 2 mini muffin tins


Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Grease each muffin tin very well with butter (if not, will stick to tin!).  In a bowl - mix butter, salt, pepper, flour, eggs and milk and whisk to combine thoroughly.  Transfer into a measuring cup and fill each muffin tin until 1/2 full.  Add salmon, a pinch of chives and a small spoon of cream cheese into each cup (can also add jalapenos for a little kick).   Top each tin with a little more batter and then bake for 20-25 minutes until they are puffed and golden brown.  After removing, with a knife pierce each one to release steam.  Serve warm - Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment